Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting back into the thick of things...



I can't believe it's been over a year since I've posted on this blog! And it will be a year since I moved into my new house! To give you an idea of what I've been up to, I've been working on my front yard (and BOY did it need a lot of work) as far as landscaping. This year, I'm getting back into healthiness and moving one step forward. I'm dedicating my time to my backyard (which needs even MORE work). This is my empty backyard.



My plan is to build raised bed vegetable gardens and juice whatever I pull out of there. I'm so excited! I've been landscaping for the past 2 weekends and hope to be finished by mid-April - just in time for summer! Squash anyone?

2 comments:

  1. How are you going to build the raised bed? Jaime built an awesome raised bed for me. It's 8 ft x 4 ft x about 1 ft high. He is supposed to be putting a fence around it to keep the chickens out. I haven't planted anything in it yet(I'm waiting for the fence). He is also supposed to be building me at least 3 more. I read your recipe for the sprouted falafel in the food dehydrator. Sounds delicious. I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on doing 10" walls nailed into 24" 4x4's at each corner. This way I can wrap a fence around the box to keep the dogs out.

    ReplyDelete