Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Got my plans....waiting for my seeds!

I was looking at various ways to plan my raised bed gardens. I thought about thematic beds - or so to speak. I'll eventually have 4 beds, possibly 4X4 or 6X4, whichever, but I think they may be broken down into themes.  Although I'm thinking about making one of them a dedicated tomato bed for this season - it will be easier to rotate. Here are the plans for at least 2 of the boxes.  Let me know what you think:

AsianInspiredVegetableGardenPlans


The second box is an Italian theme. I think I like it just for the tomatoes, so if I have
one bed dedicated solely to tomatoes, why would I need this?

Italian Inspired Vegetable Garden Plans


If anyone has any suggestions for planting, your comments are welcome. I'm also planting the usual: carrots, celery, lettuce - a virtual salad bowl!

2 comments:

  1. I planted tomato seeds the other day. I have them in the house. I always seem to get the tomatoes in too late. Now watch, this year I am too early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, I think you should be fine if you're planting now. doesn't it take 6 weeks to get to about 12 inches?

    ReplyDelete