Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chocolate pudding recipe - RAW and HEALTHY - you can eat it for breakfast!

Ok, so yesterday I did a 15 mile training run, in prep for the Chicago Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks time. Can I just say that I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Though I didn't really feel how tired I was yesterday, I definitely felt the training effect today after my yoga workshop. I took a nap, woke up and was so hungry I was out of my mind!

I had made tabouli, which I ate wrapped in seaweed. Good stuff! But then I was craving something sweet, and tea with honey just wasn't cutting it - you know how it goes. So, rather than eating a spoonful of honey, I made pudding! If you LOVE chocolate pudding, YOU'LL LOVE THIS.

NOW, I have to say that the ingredients may sound weird, but it's truly DELISH!

Chocolate Pudding

The only thing you will need is a blender! I did mine in my Bullet!

1 small avocado (when I say small, I use a single serving avocado - about 4 in. long)
scrape out meat from a young coconut (you'll maybe need 1/4 c - but it really depends on how big your avocado is)
1 to 1 1/2 T of REAL maple syrup
1 T (or more depending on your chocolate craving) of raw cocao powder
add coconut water to the consistency you want
BLEND to a smooth consistency

This was sooooo good, I inhaled it! I had none left over to share with my friend.

oh well, maybe next time :-(

Here's to food that makes us healthy and wise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment